Ready to Start?
The following steps will help you start improving your healthcare supply chain.
2. Contact the Ministry of Health (MoH) and key stakeholders to discuss potential Maturity Model (MM) supply chain candidates.
3. In conjunction with the MoH and stakeholders, schedule “Hold” date(s) for supply chain assessment(s).
4. Working with the MoH and stakeholders, identify individuals and supply chain entities required for the assessment team(s); compile contact information for team members.
5. Contact potential assessment team members, requesting their participation in the designated assessments.
6. Select assessment date based on team member availabilities, and share MM materials with those participants.
7. Plan logistics for an in-person or virtual/remote MM assessment.
8. All team members conduct research on the supply chain to be assessed; review in the context of the MM categories and plan how to secure accurate, insightful information.
9. Create in-person assessment materials, if applicable (e.g., print posters/flipcharts of MM questions).
10. Confirm all logistics details are as expected/contracted.
11. Send a “Welcome” email to team members; provide specific logistics details and directions for the assessment.
12. Conduct assessment training with team members prior to the assessment.
13. Conduct the assessment and review output.
14. Develop an improvement plan and undertake improvement actions.
15. Schedule a repeat assessment.